Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day is coming!

Well, I have been seriously lagging on my posting - oops! Oh that crazy thing we call life, lol.  Time seems to fly whether you are having fun or not, that's for sure. In case it's been flying for you too, you might not have realized Father's Day is sneaking up on you quickly (this Sunday!) I'd like to take some time to honor those great guys in my life. First my Dad, who is the best father ever. I always appreciate his support and wisdom and "tackle any project know-how". Thanks Dad for always being there for me! I am also so thankful for my fan-tabulous husband who is such a wonderful father to our two boys. He is so patient and attentive and quick to step in and give me a break from them. You are a blessing to us Matt! So happy Father's Day to all you menfolk out there.

Update on layout details for those interested:
The brown dots in the background is a halftone pattern I created in photoshop and then printed out on a transparency, then cut into a circle. The red flowery things are rubdowns

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Lisa! Great tribute to the hubs! I'm trying to figure out how you did the dots in the round shape? Did you cut a piece of bubble wrap in a circle and then paint it? It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love the color combination, the big circle and all the other details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a sweet page, Lisa. Your husband and father will have huge smiles on their faces when they see it. :)

    At first I thot the dotted circle was bubble wrap that you painted but the design seemed too perfect for that. I would never have guessed it was something you created in Photoshop and printed out on transparency. I'll have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!