I used a ton of Tim Holtz Christmas dies and glitter. It's a very sparkly project which unfortunately isn't showing up in the photo very well. Rock Candy dry glitter looks fabulous over a colored surface. The cardinal looks like it's been sugared. Lots of diecut greenery and the holly leaves use the same alcohol ink/glassine technique that I used for the autumn leaves I made for several projects last month. Tim Holtz's Tattered Pinecone die is really cool too (and also makes great roses!) He has a very helpful video on how to form the pinecones. Check it out if you've been having trouble. Here's a detail of the inside of the cage:
I also created an embellished tag to hang from the handle of the cage. I had been eagerly awaiting my chance to get my hands on the new Christmas Bells and mini bells. They were almost perfect for this project. Almost… except they were too big to work with the tag I had stamped. Well, I cut them out of shrink plastic, blasted them with my embossing gun and they became the perfect size. I really need to remember to use shrink plastic more often! I now had sturdy plastic bell charms that really were just the right size. After shrinking them I dabbed them with embossing ink and sprinkled on gold embossing powder, then reheated them to melt the powder. I also "antiqued" them by blending archival black ink on the edges of the bells. I attached them using jump rings.