Friday, May 8, 2015

Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge #27 - Embossing Diffusers

Well here I am again getting these cards entered right under the wire! It's been a busy time lately and I haven't had much opportunity for craftiness. But I did have an excellent reason to carve out some time after all – I needed Mother's Day cards!! This was a perfect challenge to incorporate for them. You can find out how to use the diffusers on page 61 of Tim Holtz's book, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 3. That book is chock-full of great ideas and techniques! Linda Ledbetter over at the Studio L3 blog has been hosting these fab challenges based on the book for months now. I can't believe how many we've done! Many thanks to Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring this challenge and offering a $50 gift certificate to spend at the store.


I can't tell how to use the diffusers 'cause that would be breaking the rules, but they are pretty darn cool and I need to use them more often! I hope my Mom and Mother-in-law will enjoy their cards on Sunday. (DON'T LOOK AT THIS POST EARLY MOM! ha ha) Be sure to go and check out the challenge post over at Studio L3 and see all the eye candy there. A new challenge will up tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I've inspired you to go get creative. The supplies I used for these cards can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are so beautiful. I love your choice of colors, so fresh and fun. And you've aced the embossing diffuser technique! Such wonderful Mother's Day cards. I'm sure they were appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...your work is always so pretty. Your cards are beautiful and always so professional looking. These are lovely examples of just what I'm saying. Great use of the diffused embossing technique to showcase the Happy Mothers Day sentiments on your cards. I love the embossed designs you chose to diffuse. The card fronts are gorgeous. Love the tea cup and the dimensional flower. Thanks so much for taking the time to join us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!