Monday, September 28, 2015

Halloween Lantern

Hello! In my quest to create timely holiday projects I am working ahead and making Halloween decorations before it's even October! (mostly lol) Last week I got my hands on one of the new Tim Holtz Village Dwelling dies. Oh my I love these dies — I have so many ideas for them! I knew I wanted to make a little Halloween cabin and scene to put it in. I love altering lantern candle holders (see this one and this one from last year); it's the perfect thing to build a little scene in.


I used so many Sizzix dies for this project, twelve different ones in fact and two embossing folders. Here are some more views and details:


Top view:


More views of the sides:



I can't wait to try one of these lanterns with a Christmas village theme! Stay tuned… ;-)

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa I love this! I love spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa I love this! I love spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you used the little house. It's a great vignette.

    It's kind of funny - I just made a Halloween house with the Village Dwelling die as well. I used a lot of the same dies as you did. It really does lend itself to Halloween. And like you, I can't wait to use it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lisa,move how you have encased your scene in the lantern. Love your graveyard and your spooky house. Fabulous make. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job and congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!