Monday, November 2, 2015

Inspiration Journal – Mission Embossable!

A new month means that a new challenge is upon us! For November, the new Inspiration Journal theme is Mission Embossable! We want to see your projects incorporating embossing whether it is with paste, powder or folders. Just link up your project in the challenge post and you will be in the running to win a prize from Inspiration Emporium. I went a little crazy with embossing folders for my project, a set of nine steampunk ATCs.


My steampunk motto is if one gear is good then two, three, four or five gears must be better! The background cards and chipboard numbers were all dry embossed and then I assembled them with all the chipboard gears. To get the faux rusty look I used DecoArt Media products and followed the technique shared by Andy Skinner in this video. In retrospect, I think I should have added another final coat of Ultra Matte Varnish – they still seem a bit on the shiny side.

Detail 1

Detail 2
Be sure to check out the inspiration from the other design team members in the challenge post. You won't be sorry! We would really love to see your creativity, please share your projects with us.

I am also going to enter this ATC set in two other challenges:

The Mixed Media Monthly Texture Challenge and…

the SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge blog's Winter 'Anything Goes' challenge.

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)



9 comments:

  1. Such a fab set of steampunk ATCs! I would call that gears galore! lol
    Thank you very much for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these atc's! The texture and faux rust effect is great. You're inspiring me to get my embossing folders out again! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ATCs ! the background is perfect ! Thank you for your participation to the Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the elements you used on this project. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog! ~ melanie ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Really so amazing ATC Set! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That a gorgeous set of steampunk ATCs!! Love all that texture. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome ATCs! Love all your texture! Thank you for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super creative way to make some ATCs! love it, lisa! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is too precious! Love the media work and the message! Thank you for joining our challenge at SanDee&amelie's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!