My steampunk motto is if one gear is good then two, three, four or five gears must be better! The background cards and chipboard numbers were all dry embossed and then I assembled them with all the chipboard gears. To get the faux rusty look I used DecoArt Media products and followed the technique shared by Andy Skinner in this video. In retrospect, I think I should have added another final coat of Ultra Matte Varnish – they still seem a bit on the shiny side.
I am also going to enter this ATC set in two other challenges:
Texture Challenge and…
the SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge blog's Winter 'Anything Goes' challenge.
Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)