I used bristol board to form the body of the luminary. It is easier to fold than thin chipboard and sturdy enough to take being covered in a thick layer of crackle paint. Once I put all the panels together (glue in any window material before you put it together!) I base coated the whole thing with gold acrylic paint. I wanted it to peek through the crackles (and it does!) For more glam, I even adhered gold leafing to the underside of the roof panels. The wee Irish lass is a piece of vintage clipart I found on this website. I fussy cut her out and I think she's an adorable addition. Here is more of a top view of the luminary:
Lots of spring greenery, flowers and clovers make a nice home for the luminary to reside in. I hope you've been inspired by my project. The Luminary die is so versatile! I also want to remind you about the March challenge, A Splash of Color, over at Inspiration Journal. Link up your project there and you could have a chance to win $50 to spend at Inspiration Emporium!
You can find most of the supplies I used to create this project at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping. Thanks!