Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Art With Heart Challenge

Is it really already October 7th?? Time is flying by. I am honored to now be a part of the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team and this month her Art With Heart Challenge theme is TRICKS AND TREATS, which you can take literally with a Halloween theme or show us a favorite crafty “Trick” and “Treat” us to some creative inspiration. I created a fun Halloween treat box using the Candy Drawer die.


I was in the creative groove and didn't take many photos of the steps but it is pretty simple. After cutting the box pieces out of matboard, I embossed the outer sleeve with the Cobwebs embossing folder and then used purple Distress Stains to color it. I love how the stains bleed and blend together - so cool! After it was dry, I lightly swiped the embossed cobweb pattern with embossing ink and sprinkled on black embossing powder. Here's a look:


The wrap is the trick or treaters die cut from the Halloween Shadows strip die. I used more stains, ink, and Perfect Pearls Mist to color it. I backed it with an offset diecut of white vellum to help make it pop off the purple sleeve. For the drawer, I cut the bat out of grungeboard so it would be flexible and attached it with two mini fastener brads.

Be sure to check out the Art With Heart Challenge! You can win an ATB die!

I'm also going to enter this in the Sizzix Halloween challenge. ;-)


Supplies Used:
Eileen Hull Sizzix Candy Drawer Die

4 comments:

  1. Lisa this is so cute! I need that die! The bat for the drawer handle, ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice Lisa, I love everything about it. The colors are so bright and fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!