Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Go Green – Live in a little Leprechaun house

Hello there! I'm back with another project for Eileen Hull's March Art with Heart Challenge. The theme this month is Go Green and you have until the 30th to join in. There is still time! We are seeing lots of inspiring projects being shared over on Eileen's blog. My project is a wee little leprechaun house:

 
I had been trying to figure out what to use as a base for my project when I saw Bonnie McLain's project shared on the blog. Light bulb moment!!! Her fabulous idea of stacking Loaf Pan die cuts was absolutely perfect for what I had in mind!

I used an embossing powder and texture paste technique, shared by Tim Holtz, to create the gold texture on the base and then spritzed with Distress Spray Stains to add color.

The lucky shamrocks are created with hearts cut out of colored coffee filters*. I glued each "leaflet" to a stem of florist's wire.

*Coffee filters are perfect to use. They are lightweight but don't fall apart when wet like tissue paper does. Stain, ink, and paint all work well to add color to white filters.

Here's a closeup of the little house, made using the Artful Dwellings die:


Of course my son said it looked like a leprechaun outhouse but leave it to an 11 year old boy to come up with that. I maintain that this house has a window with lace curtains. It is a dwelling, probably much bigger on the inside that the outside. Maybe Dr. Who is a good friend of this leprechaun. Humph! At any rate, I hope you have enjoyed my little project and please go and check out the challenge! You could win the Mini Shopping Bag die.


I am also going to enter this into the last (sniff) Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge, which is also Go Green. Green is indeed the predominate color here!


13 comments:

  1. Love your sweet leprechaun house with it's shading clover leaf tree! So creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece you created and your mom is going to love it I'm sure!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project. The tiny house is wonderful. I want to shrink down and go inside, lol. I am such a kid at heart. Love the leaves on the roof and the inverted loaf pans look great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa- this project is the perfect combo- great design and execution, color and a touch of humor ;-) I love how you took that theme to the max- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! I can just imagine the little leprechaun peaking out of the window or sitting on top of the toadstool. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Lisa! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute project and so very creative! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I love this little leprechaun house you have created, of course sweet Lisa I love all your work. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Thank for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so totally adorable! My husband is a roofing contractor, so I am in love with the leaves on the roof! What a treat! Happy Easter, and thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word. This is the cutest thing ever. I am sure I see a fairy peeking out the window!! Thanks for playing in our final challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!