It was a black binder so I first coated the raw cover with black gesso as a primary layer. Once dry, I adhered a linen doily misted blue to it and used a stencil with black modeling paste to add texture over it all. I also added some misting with the DecoArt Media Acrylic Misters (which are permanent) and a wash of Phthalo Green Blue in places. Then the fun of adding the graphics and embellishments began! The lily and frog images are from The Graphics Fairy. I printed them out with my Epson ink jet printer and gave them a coat of Ultra Matte Varnish to seal them before I glued them onto the cover. I glued on lace, diecuts, and metal embellishments and gave them a coat of white gesso before blending on various colors of Fluid Acrylics and Silks Acrylic Glazes. I also added clear glass micro beads for more shimmery texture.
Thanks for stopping by to see my new project! I hope you find it inspirational. =) The supplies I used for this project can be found at Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)