Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Compendium of Curiousities 3 Challenge #34 – Layering Stencil: Monoprint

Well, this is it… the last challenge in the long and glorious stretch of challenges based on the book by Tim Holtz, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 3 and hosted by Linda over at the Studio L3 blog. It's hard to believe we've gone through the whole book and I think I only missed two or three of the challenges. Woo Hoo!! The last technique is using Layering Stencils to make monoprints. It is one of my favorites. See what I did:


There is more to this card though! I used Karen Burniston's Ring Accordion die so of course there is more to see…


I am in love with these Crazy Birds and all the new accessory stamps and dies that go with them now. They are so humorous and they make me smile. Hopefully my friend will smile too when she gets this card. There is also a latecomer to the party hanging out on the back…


(I couldn't resist getting one more little bird on there!) Be sure to head on over to the challenge post and see all the inspiration the Curiosity Crew is serving up and the other entries. Many thanks as well to the Funkie Junkie Boutique for sponsoring this last challenge.

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)


10 comments:

  1. Love your crazy birds projects ... so very cool !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is just adorable, those crazy birds always manage to raise a smile! I love that Karen die you have used too and the monoprint technique looks fantastic! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lisa! I have the birds but can't wait to get my hands on the dies and the crazy things to use with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa...these are darling! Hallmark could not have created a cuter birthday embellishment or tag! Your monoprint technique looks fantastic as your background. Love the bright, happy colors! And who doesn't just love those crazy birds? I love the crazy things that you've added to them. It gives them even that much more personality! Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments you've left on my blog over the course of the CC3 challenges. Your art is amazing! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look what you've done!! What a fun cheerful set of cards. I can see you had a lot of fun doing them. Great job on the technique, it worked really well here. Thanks so much for all the art you've shared with us and for your kind blog comments for me. We are all eager to keep creating and hope you'll journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever are you?!! LOVE this! The colors, the birds, the style...all so very very cool! So FUN too! We are so glad you participated so much, and thanks for all the comments too! Thanks for joining us on the last challenge at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These birds are so adorable and you nailed the technique with these cards, Lisa! I love them! Thanks so much for joining us for all of these CC3 Challenges! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and perfect way to end the challenges. This card is great! Great use of the technique and color. Fabulous. So happy you've been such a faithful follower and challenge participant. Your creations are always so fun and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe....those birds just make me giggle! This project is fabulous! Totally fun and interactive piece of wonder! Thank you for playing along with us at CC3c!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!