Monday, August 10, 2015

Scripture Cards Set

Hello there! Today I want to share with a gift I made for a friend using Eileen Hull's Recipe Card Box die (and others!) I'll also share an easy texturing technique using stencils, paste and Gelatos.


The cards are easily cut using the companion die, Recipe Card & Label. I formatted the Bible verses in a graphics program and printed them out to attach to the die cut cards. And the cards fit perfectly into the box!

Tip: use velcro or a magnetic closure to hold the box shut.
So, let's get on with how I put all that texture and color on there!

Step 1 – Cut the box out of mat board and mask any areas you are not going to apply texture to. Definitely mask any glue tabs; I also decided I wanted the side panels clear because I was going to apply patterned paper to them. I just used washi tape to mask off the area. Make sure it is low tack. Post-It notes work well too!


Step 2 – Because of the smaller size of my stencil, I had to apply the Texture Paste in two parts. Using a fold line as a boundry, I applied the paste through the stencil using a palette knife.


Once it was dry, I could apply the paste to the rest of the box and let it all dry.


Step 3 – Applying the color is the fun part! I first misted it with Spray Distress Stain and plenty of water to get the colors to blend. Once it was dry, I lightly applied different colors of Gelatos to the textured areas. Then I wet my finger and used it to blend the colors. After that all dried, I sealed it with a coat of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish, working it into the nooks and crannies.


This box is super easy to put together. Just bend at the score lines and either glue the tabs with a strong, quick-grabbing glue or use a strong dry adhesive like Red Line Wonder Tape. I added a magnetic closure and embellished the box with other Eileen Hull diecuts.


Thanks for stopping by to see my new project! I hope you find it inspirational. =) The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lisa, love those pops of colour and fabulous texture. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa your box is so lovely. Very pretty the way you colored it. Great idea to use Gelatos on top after spraying. Love the colors and the texture.
    Thank you for sharing your art.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tutorial Lisa, I just love the gorgeous colours you used on your box too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Lisa! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!