Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The 10 Minute Project Challenge

Hello! This month, Eileen Hull challenged the design team to make projects that took only 10 minutes to complete. What?? That's a tough assignment for those of us that like to add layers and generally just make things intricate and complicated. ;-) But we did it!! Check out the results on her blog HERE. Believe it or not, this Valentine project only took me 10 minutes. (I timed it!) I was hustling but squeaked it in.


Let's see how I accomplished this minor miracle. ;-)

First I cut out all my parts. The cover of the Needle Book I cut from matboard and the pages are cut from plain cardstock. (I'm going to fill it with a list of all the things I love about my husband and give it to him for Valentine's Day.) The heart is cut from red felt.

Moving on, I laid the stencil on the cover and misted it with Distress Spray Stain, Hickory Smoke and Old Paper. The Spray Stains are quick and easy! A quick blast with the heat tool and it was dry.

Misting is a quick and easy way to add color!

The inside of the cover I decorated with a layering stencil and Distress Ink. More quick and easy! I dried that with the heat tool so it wouldn't smear (being in a hurry and all ha ha) and then sewed the heart and words to the cover.

Layering stencils are another quick way of adding pattern to your projects.
I bound the pages into the book with a simple tie of baker's twine. Ta - dah!! Done!



Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)


4 comments:

  1. I love this...10 minutes?! That's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I had it all thought out beforehand and I really hustled lol. I am definitely not used to such fast projects. 😋

      Delete
  2. What a great little book! love the stenciled numbers on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and looks way harder than it apparently is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!