Monday, November 21, 2016

He's 13!!!!!!


First, the big news. Today my first born is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD! How did that happen? I can't believe I have a teenager now. It is so exciting to see him growing up into such a fine young man. He is an all star, and a rockstar so I had to make him an appropriately smashing birthday card to celebrate such a momentous milestone.

The Luggage Tag makes a great little frame!
Thanks Tracy Evans for the inspiration. ;-)

Secondly, Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is teaming up this month with DCWV for a little holiday blog hop! I'm a rebel and didn't make something Christmas themed but I think Greg's birthday is a holiday (at least for our family lol). Besides, I wanted you to see that you don't have to be limited by the official "theme" of your supplies. I used the DCWV Modern Metallic Stack and chose a page that was white with a foiled design. I misted it with Twisted Citron Distress Stain and the foiled parts acted as a resist (very cool effect!) I also splattered it with turquoise mister and spritzed with water to make it bleed a bit.


Using Eileen's Stitchlits dies, I cut stitching holes into the card background. These are handy little dies that let you put holes anywhere in your project and you can then create perfect decorative stitches. I stitched with a lightweight cotton yarn.


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Eileen’s blog and check out all the holiday inspiration the team has been sharing all month long. The DCWV team has been knocking it out of the park too so give them a look! We’d love to have you share your projects on Eileen's Facebook page too. Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving.

The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)




3 comments:

  1. Lovely Lisa and so pleased I inspired you. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your son on his 13th birthday, Lisa! What a wonderful card you made to celebrate the occasion. Very difficult to make a card for a teen, so my hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son. This is a very cool card. I need to remember your design when my granddaughter turns 13. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!