Tuesday, November 29, 2016

More DCWV with Eileen Hull


Hello, Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is teaming up this month with DCWV for a little holiday blog hop! All month long we've been treated to a plethora of beautiful and inspiring projects on Eileen's and the DCWV blogs. Last week I shared this card made using DCWV papers and now I'm sharing another project made using the Cranberry Christmas Paper Stack.


It's a birthday present for my Mother-in-law. She wants to keep up on what's happening with us now that we've moved so I thought a little box of photo cards would be perfect! (She loved it!) I used Eileen's Recipe Card Box and matching Recipe Cards to easily put it all together. For a bonus, I'm sharing a tried and true way to stretch your dies farther and all you need is a sheet of fun foam from the craft store.


I applied an adhesive sheet to a piece of fun foam and die cut it using the Doily Die. Peel off the adhesive paper and stick the foam shape onto a piece of scrap plastic (like from packaging). Now you can use it as a stamp! Use either ink or paint. Here I used a brayer to apply a thin layer of white acrylic paint to the foam and then stamped it on my box. This is a great technique to keep in your bag of tricks. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Eileen’s blog and check out all the holiday inspiration the team has been sharing this month. The DCWV team has been knocking it out of the park too so give them a look! We’d love to have you share your projects on Eileen's Facebook page as well.

The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. i absolutely love making stamps with my die and this is one i shall be making!! love this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful present. I love how you used the die to make a stamp. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!