Tuesday, December 8, 2015

'Tis the Season' for an Inspiration Journal Challenge

It's time for the December Inspiration Journal Challenge! This month the theme is 'Tis the Season' and anything goes!


You may remember the Halloween spools I made in October. I promised that I would make some Christmas versions and I did! (I still have two left so we will see if those get 'Christmasfied' as well.) I really packed on the wintry Christmas goodness with lots of Tim Holtz and various findings from my stash. Onward for some closeups:


detail of top
Number two spool has a front and a back side:


Two sides are better than one!
I'm also going to enter these into the Emerald Creek Dares Christmas challenge and the Frilly & Funkie 'Tis the Season' challenge. =)

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE.


13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are freakin adorable. These must be pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Lisa i so love these!!! totally festive and so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome, where did you get the spools from they look fairly large??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angela! I actually found the spools at a rummage sale. The large one is about 4 in tall and the short one is about 1.5 in tall. You might find something similar at a craft store.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely spool projects,Lisa! Adorable Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spools are completely swoon worthy, Lisa!! I've always wanted to do some altered spools, and I think you've given me the inspiration I needed. They are so fun and festive! Thank you so much for joining us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - these are fabulous!! Love them! Thanks for joining us for our Festive Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

    Karon DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these!! These little beautys would look great on a fireplace mantle!Love the little memo pin peeking out and holding a card. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Emerald Creek Dares.
    Cathy DT Member at Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely adorable - wonderful little bobbin scenes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliantly altered spools Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!