Thursday, December 31, 2015

Village Dwelling Gingerbread House

Here is my last post for Christmas projects and 2015! I've had this project in mind for the past few months, ever since I got my hands on the Tim Holtz Village Dwelling die. I can't wait to see what new accessory dies will be coming out in 2016 for it! I want to make a whole town lol. So, onto the project at hand – it's a wee little gingerbread house! I had one lantern left so of course I wanted to make it into a winter setting for my house. (Other lantern projects are HERE and HERE.)


Close up! I had so much fun making this little house and poking around in my stash to come up with "candy" decorations for it.


The trees are made from the Paper Rosette dies. Tim Holtz has a great tutorial on how to make them HERE. I frosted mine with micro bead "sprinkles" and topped them with colored Gumdrops to fit with the theme. Also, be sure to check out Tim's videos on assembling the Village Dwelling houses. They are very helpful.


I used the Village Winter accessory die to cut out the icicles and roof snow patches. The icicles are vellum with Rock Candy Stickles on them and I "frosted" the snow with Ranger Texture Paste and Rock Candy Glitter so it would look like icing. I also used the Texture Paste to pipe frosting details on the edges of the roof lines and walls. I put some paste into a little plastic bag and snipped a tiny bit of the corner off to make a small hole. I used it like a piping bag and added the "frosting" details.

Make your own mini piping bag. ;-)
If you are still reading this looong post I'll show you a few more lantern details:

Left side

Right side


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a happy New Year and that 2016 is full of inspiration and creativity for you! I am also entering this into the Filly and Funkie Holiday Hues challenge. Be sure to go and check out inspiration over there. Lots of great projects to see! ;-)



4 comments:

  1. Wow - I love your sweet Christmas house inside the lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene inside your gorgeous lantern. Your little gingerbread house is adorable and I love how you piped the texture paste on to make the frosting. The rosette trees are such a special addition. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your festive gingerbread house in it's fantastic lantern setting Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea. The gingerbread house is so cute and I love the tag, ribbon and foliage you added to the top of the lantern. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!