To embellish the front, I used several different techniques. First and easiest was to paint the metal parts with Distress Paint to colorize them. The label holder was silver and completely the wrong color for the card but a little Tarnished Brass and Peeled Paint took care of that! The metal Foliage flowers I painted with Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves. I've found that the paint tends to bead up on the flowers so I'll wipe them off with some rubbing alcohol first and that removes the residue. You can paint the brad tops too so they match. Distress Paint works great on metal!
The leaves were created with a oldie but goodie Tim Holtz technique that he shared here. It involves using glassine paper and alcohol ink and gives you a wonderful look.
The flowers I cut out of coffee filters and colored with Ripe Persimmon Distress Stain. I didn't have any Dusty Concord stain so I swiped my Dusty Concord ink pad across my craft sheet, misted it with water and then squinched (technical term) the flowers around in it.
There are some fun techniques here to be explored. I hope you check out the Inspiration Journal challenge and link up your own project there. You have until the end of the month and participants have a chance at winning $50 in Emporium Dollars to spend at Inspiration Emporium.
Most of the supplies I've used on my card can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping.