Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vintage Kitchen - Quick & Easy Gift Idea

Hello everyone! Eileen Hull's new Vintage Kitchen line of dies is shipping now. These dies are perfect for gift giving this holiday season. They make it so easy to whip up cute packaging you can use to make a gift special. Today I'm sharing packaging made with the Loaf Pan die. This was a super quick project to make and would be perfect as a teacher or hostess gift:


The patterned paper I used is from a paper stack I got on clearance last January. ;-) The key is to glue the patterned paper to your matboard before you cut anything out. (I like to use Glue 'n Seal.) That way the score blades in the die will cut through your outer paper layer and allow you to properly bend at the scores without it tearing:


Fold it up and glue the tabs with a strong, quick grabbing glue. (I love using Api's Crafter's Pick. It will hold anything!) I clamped everything in place while the glue set up – it doesn't take long. You could also punch holes through the tabs and end panels and hold them in place with brads.


That's it! Once the glue is dry you can fill it with goodies and you are ready to go. I also made a quick tag using the Kitchen Labels set from the line. Easy peasy yet it really dresses up your gift. Be sure to check out Eileen Hull's blog – many more quick and easy projects are being featured this month and you are sure to be inspired!

Most of the supplies I used for this project can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10. ;-)


5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Lisa, I really love that you use close pins until the glue dries, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Claudine! Clips are handy! Just make sure they aren't $1 Store clips. They are pretty wussy and don't clip as strongly.

      Delete
  2. This is so eye-catching Lisa and love that it goes together quickly! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love it for treats. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you decorated your loaf pan, it looks wonderful. Great tip about gluing the paper to the mat board first too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!