Saturday, December 13, 2014

Vintage Kitchen - Quick & Easy Loaf Pan

Hello! I have another quick & easy project using the new Vintage Kitchen line from Eileen Hull. I've dressed up the Loaf Pan die in a different (yet still super easy!) way that is perfect for gift giving. Custom packaging really adds a nice touch and it is so easy to do. Read on to see how I did it!


First I cut the Loaf Pan out of matboard. Then I went to town with a stencil and Ranger Texture Paste. I didn't put much on the bottom and also left the outer flaps clear of paste since those needed to be flat when I glued them in place. Also, if I have Texture Paste or other media going over score lines I usually take my Xacto knife and carefully cut through it before it dries completely. That way it won't crack or tear when I fold everything up.


Next comes the really fun part! Once the paste was dry I spritzed the outside first with Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain and then with Tarnished Brass. I also lightly misted it with water to help the colors blend. It's really nice how the stain catches in the nooks and crannies of the stenciled parts. You could set up a whole assembly line of these if you wanted to make several. I thought I had taken a photo of it after I had sprayed it but I didn't. Oops! Here is a closeup of the finished pan though:


When the outside was dry I flipped it over and sprayed the inside with Barn Door Distress Spray Stain. When I was putting it together I put a dab of glue on the flap and then stapled it in place with my Tiny Attacher (I was going for easy!)

The embellishments are a gold embossed jingle bell cut out of matboard, a label with stamped sentiment, and a sprig of diecut holly. No problem!

If you want to see the first Loaf Pan I made, look HERE. Be sure to check out Eileen Hull's blog – many more quick and easy projects are being featured this month and you are sure to be inspired!
Most of the supplies I used for this project can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, your pan is fabulous, I love the way the Antique Linen and Tarnished Brass Spray Stains work together - they look so glitzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa! I love how the pan turned out! Great idea to use the texture paste and then the sprays! I don't have any of those, but am seeing such great uses for them! This will make one lovely gift! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog...I just wanted to clarify that my matchbox ornaments were made with real matchboxes...I don't have the Matchbox die yet, either. Mine are super tiny; I think the matchbox die is a bit larger (probably would show up better on the tree!) I have updated my text to clarify this, I hope.) :):) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!