Monday, September 23, 2024

Eileen Hull Stacking Drawer Die Inspiration

Hello there! For the month of September, Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team has been working with the theme, "Top Drawer Inspiration" and making creations using the Stacking Drawer Die (which fits perfectly into the Treasure Box by the way.) It is definitely a very versatile die you'll want in your crafty toolbox!

I'm in full on fall mode now so I was inspired to create a cute autumn themed decoration.

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Stacking Drawer Scoreboards Die  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen #mysizzixstory

I love how you can configure single drawers in so many different ways. I stacked three of them up to create this little "dresser".

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Stacking Drawer Scoreboards Die  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen #mysizzixstory

I cut an extra piece of matboard to fit around the three drawers for a neater finish and to give it more stability.

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Stacking Drawer Scoreboards Die  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen #mysizzixstory

Top view! I raided my stash of little bits and figurines to decorate the top. Also included are some leaf die cuts.

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Stacking Drawer Scoreboards Die  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen #mysizzixstory

This was pretty easy to put together. See below for some tips!

1) Here are the pieces to build three drawers. The drawers fit tightly in the sleeves. I like to cut a little sliver off the top edge of the drawer piece while it is still flat. Also, glue the drawer bottom inside the drawer and don't stick it on the bottom.


2) Here's the extra piece I hand cut to wrap around the sleeve part. I made my own score lines by cutting partway through the matboard.


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to keep an eye on Eileen's blog for more inspiration from the Educator and Inspiration Teams.

Supplies used:

Eileen Hull Die - Stacking Drawer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!