Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting Sketchy

Hello everyone, we have a new sketch challenge and technique up at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! Check it out and if you participate in the challenge, you'll be eligible for a prize.

This sketch is by my talented friend Debbie G and one of the things I like best about it is the chance to use multiple patterned papers! (and I have quite a stash!)

 
I also like to have texture as a part of my layouts and I found this fun technique where you emboss felt. I used a piece of embossed felt to make the orange tag and gears on my layout below.  Check out this video if you'd like to give it a try. So here is the result of all this scrappy fun:


I encourage you to go join in this challenge at SEM. It is always fun to see how people interpret the sketches. It's nice to have a starting point when you're pressed for time or feeling stuck. =)


1 comment:

  1. loved working with your sketch Lisa, thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!