Thursday, August 9, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 16

Hurray, I was able to just barely get Challenge 16 completed before the deadline. The Studio L3 blog has been hosting a weekly challenge based on techniques found in Tim Holtz's book A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2! This week is using Ranger's Perfect Pearls Mist, found on page 54. (Good thing I have some!) I created a birthday card for a friend, hopefully she doesn't see it here on my blog ahead of time. (No Libby, it's not you because I'm 90% sure you would see this, LOL.) I used Blue Smoke mist on the background and Sunflower Yellow on the center panel. Of course they don't really show up in the photo, DOH! It's there, trust me.


I also used this really really cool die for the center panel. There is a zipper tab (where arrow is) that you tear back to reveal the sentiment. How cool is that!? It's a die from Papertrey Ink - the zipper die from the Movers & Shakers collection. (I want them all!) You can see a demo of the die here (can you tell I'm very enthusiastic about it?) Enjoy the rest of your week and go to Studio L3 and check out all the cool stuff folks have been creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!