Thursday, July 30, 2015

Getting Crazy with the Compendium of Curiosites Challenge #3 – Altered Surfaces

I can't believe there is only one more CC challenge after this one! What a fun time it has been. Thank you Linda (at the Studio L3 blog) and the Curiosity Crew for hosting and inspiring us with all these wonderful challenges. All techniques come from the Tim Holtz book, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 3. This current challenge's technique is found on page 45 of the book. I can't share it, but I can tell you it's crazy fun! Speaking of crazy, have you seen all the fun new stamp sets that go with the popular Crazy Bird stamps? I got my hot little hands on them and the totally awesome Bird Crazy dies too and created a crazy fun birthday card for my youngest son:


His name is Jon (hence the "J") and he turned 9 (hence the "9"). These little crazy birds are all set to celebrate and wish him a happy birthday. ;-) This is what you call a loaded card. I'm glad I don't have to mail it – it is chunky and heavy! I altered the metal J, the foil tape covered scalloped border and the Alpha Parts 9.

Thanks to the Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring the prize for this challenge. Be sure to hop on over to Studio L3 and see all the wonderful inspiration from the Crew and entrants.

Many of the supplies I used for this project (like the Crazy Bird products!! grab them quickly while they are still in stock!!) can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)


10 comments:

  1. Lisa, this card just makes me smile. Crushing on the giant J. Aren't these birds so fun?! I used them for my challenge piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT ! I gotta get those Birds ... they are too cute :) Great letter and number BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is delightful Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Lisa! The birds are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how fun is this?!! LOVE the brights, the birds, the altered J! SO SO SO COOL!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are glad you can hand deliver that with all its layers of funky art goodness. So fun! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this birthday card for your youngest son is so cute! I just love the crazy birds and you've done a fab job of coloring them and using them on this card. Your altered surface pieces look great! Wonderful use of the technique. I am loving all of your layers of color, pattern and FUN! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie and I'll bet Jon is a cutie, too. I love how you've used Crazy Birds here and your altered surfaces are so cheerful and fun! Thanks for sharing this on CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, these crazy birds did the trick on making this card totally FUN! Love your altered surfaces as well! SO FUN...thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weeee! This card is SO much fun. So happy and cheerful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!