Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Creative Cards with Eileen Hull


Hello! All month long Eileen's Inspiration Team has been blowing us away with creative cards made with her dies. I'm finally getting in on the act with my October card using a die you would normally associate with three dimensional projects, the Caddy Die!


I wanted to think "out of the box" and I really like the shape of the cut for the back of the caddy. I thought that little curved part would be perfect for the sentiment label.

The first thing I did was cut a rectangle of manila folder that was roughly the size of the final card. After folding it in half, I embossed the front of the card using the Daisy Wreath folder. I colored the base using the same Distress Crayon technique that I shared in this post. I love those creamy crayons!

Once the base was done I cut it out. The trick is to put your card fold just inside the cutting blade of the die. (See the diagram below.) That way the fold stays intact and you have a perfectly cut card.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Eileen's blog to check out all the ideas being shared this month. You'll find lots of inspiration! We'd love to have you share your projects on Eileen's Facebook page too. Have a great week… ;-)

The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)




1 comment:

  1. Lisa you really packed those dies in and they look fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!