Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Happy Easter! Vintage + Eileen Hull Sizzix Dies

Happy Easter and springtime friends! Today I have a cute spring decor piece to share with you made with some of my favorite things. I really need to put away my St. Patrick's Day decor and get all the Easter stuff out! Let's take a look:

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Easter decor, vintage Lefton duckling and pretty die cut flowers

The lantern I found at the thrift store (I'm always keeping my eyes open for things I can create scenes in). The little Lefton duckling figurine is one I had in my stash. The flowers are created using Eileen's dies and her Sizzix Twist & Style Tool (more on how I did those later).

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Easter decor, vintage Lefton duckling and pretty die cut flowers

Detail of the top (the crochet lace is vintage):

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Easter decor, vintage Lefton duckling and pretty die cut flowers

and, the back view:

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - Easter decor, vintage Lefton duckling and pretty die cut flowers

This really didn't take too long to put together. Following are some tips for making the flowers.

Step 1 - I carved a foam base to fit in the bottom and hot glued it in place. I covered it with fake moss from the craft store (not shown in photo below).


Step 2 - Making flowers
I gathered my 'flower' material, patterned paper, dyed crinoline and dyed coffee filters. I cut several combinations of materials using the Heart & Soul Flower die. The stems are very easy to create using wire, buttons and Eileen's Twist & Style tool!


Cut a length of wire, double it over and put it through the button center.


The 'holder' part of the tool has a suction cup that sticks to a smooth surface like my glass craft mat. The ends of the wire can attach to either end of the tool. Shown is the end with a hole you insert the wire into and tighten the screw to hold it in place. The other end is just a hook you can twist the wire around.


Hold one of the handles and twist! That's it. Keep twisting until you are happy with the tightness of your twisted wire. Disengage the tool and poke the stem through the center of your flowers. Add a dab of glue to keep everything in place and you have a flower. Easy peasy!

The second type of flowers I cut using purple dyed coffee filters and the Pansy Flower Die. I had these wired bundles of pink stamens in my stash (probably from the thrift store lol) that were perfect for the centers. I used several layers of the die cut petals and crinkled them up for dimension. Again, a dab of glue held the petals in place.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post. Be sure to keep an eye on Eileen's blog because April 7th is the Release Party for her Chapter 2 Sizzix Dies!

Sizzix Supplies used:

Dies:
Eileen Hull Sizzix 
Heart & Soul Flower #661108 - retired 
Pansy Flower #661109 - retired

2 comments:

  1. Love your lantern terrarium Lisa! So clever how you put these together <3 I need to get at my Twist and Style tool again and make some flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh what a wonderful idea to build a spring terrarium!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!