Saturday, April 27, 2013

Card Crazy!

I seem to have turned into quite the card maker! My scrapbooks are feeling neglected I think. ;-) At any rate, here is a new card and a background technique you can try.



For the background, I cut a piece of sticky-back canvas to fit on my card front. I then tapped an acrylic paint dabber (Butterscotch) over the stamp and stamped it onto the canvas. (Don't let the paint dry on your stamp!!) You could use a very light or dark paint color for greater contrast but I wanted the effect to be a bit more muted so I chose the Butterscotch paint.


After the paint is dry, you get to have fun with Distress Stains! I misted the canvas first so they would blend better. Then I just swiped on stripes of Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce, and Shabby Shutters. I spritzed it a bit more with water to help the colors blend further.



After letting it dry thoroughly, I peeled the canvas off its backing and placed it on the card - adding stitching for decorative effect. This is a fun and easy technique to do. Of course you can vary the stains and paint colors used to get all sorts of different looks. Have fun!

Most of the supplies I used here can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Use my code JUICE if you go shopping there and save 10% off your order. =)


2 comments:

  1. So when are you going to publish a Scrapping book? Techniques for cards, pages, and any occasion... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!