Thursday, October 29, 2015

Tim Holtz Tags of 2015 – October

Well, I'm sliding in under the wire again. Nothing like waiting until nearly the last minute. This month Tim featured his dimensional monster dies for the October tag. Appropriately festive for October to be sure. I made my own version featuring a festive… St. Nick?? Ha ha, I didn't have any of the monster dies so I jumped right over to Christmas themes and made do with the layered St. Nick die.


I should have taken an angled shot to show the layering; I curved the beard base shape, popped up the mustache and holly, and also popped up part of the hat. He ended up on the decidedly dimensional side! I also got to try out one of Eileen Hull's new Stitchlits dies down at the bottom of the tag. This particular die will cut patterned holes that you can then "stitch" to create a tactile border. I used wool embroidery floss here and it really adds a homey warmth to my cozy little Santa tag. You will be seeing a lot more to come with this collection! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)


2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!