Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Bird Lantern

Hello there! Oh, I love the fall season and making decor pieces full of leaves and bold fall colors. Today I'm sharing an altered candle lantern that celebrates autumn.


I love the colors of fall leaves and Ranger's Distress Stains blend together so beautifully. Using Spray and Dabber Stains, I first colored sheets of cardstock using various fall hues. Then I cut the leaves out of the colored sheets. The new Fall Foliage Thinlits set makes it especially easy to use every bit of your substrate because you can move the dies around to exactly where you want them to cut.

Inside detail
I painted a wooden finial with crackle paint and used that as an anchor for the berry vine and to attach the bird and leaves to. I also tucked some mini pumpkins and gourds around the base and of course added more leaves.

To the top I added a bow of ribbon and more leaves, acorns and Idea-ology embellishments:


I hope I've inspired you to make your own festive fall decorations! I am going to enter this lantern into Frilly & Funkie's Autumn Splendor challenge. There are some beautiful projects over there to inspire you more!

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)


7 comments:

  1. Cute, I may need to make a run to the thrift store to see if they have any used lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lisa love how you have combined the fence and bird die and love those autumnal shades and foliage. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lisa, I just love fall and your lantern puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lantern is gorgeous, Lisa! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Lisa, this lantern is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful lantern! Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!