Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Funkie Junkie Focus – Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology

Hello and good morning. I'm really getting revved up for my favorite making season, Christmas time! Our Funkie Junkie Focus this time around is on Tim Holtz's Christmas Idea-ology which I am a big fan of. All those fabulous bits and bobs. Love it! I created an assemblage in a Festive Tin

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Blog - Christmas Idea-ology assemblage #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #tim_holtz  #thefunkiejunkie #thefunkiejunkieboutique #frillyandfunkie

Bottle brush trees, tiny lights, snowman… these definitely fall in the "a few of my favorite things" category.

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Blog - Christmas Idea-ology assemblage #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #tim_holtz  #thefunkiejunkie #thefunkiejunkieboutique #frillyandfunkie

Let's take a look at some of the building process.

1) I cut some styrofoam blocks and hot glued them into place inside the tin. I made an area at the back of the tin to tuck the lid into.


Hot glued the lid in place.

I didn't take a photo, but I cut a piece of white mat board to cover the foam and create a platform to glue all the elements onto.

2) I prepared all the Idea-olgy parts I wanted to include. The metal numbers I painted with the new Lumberjack Plaid paint. It IS a good red! Can't wait to play more with this new color.


The snowballs are Baubles that I smeared with Snowfall Grit Paste. The Salvaged Snowman I painted with acrylic paints (such great detail!) 

The Tree Lot bottle brush tree I colored with Rustic Wilderness Spray Stain as well as Mica Stains Tree Lot and Fresh Balsam. TIP: I covered the wooden tree base with masking tape before I sprayed the tree. It kept it clean so the Distress wouldn't bleed into the snow in the final assemblage.

3) I tried using the new Distress Watercolor Pencils to color the Paper Dolls. They work really well! Paula Cheney has a really great tutorial on how to do it on her blog. FYI, this particular doll is from one of the past years' Christmas collections so I'm not sure if this one is in the 2022 pack. 


4) I hot glued in the main elements and then spread Snowfall Grit Paste around them with a small palette knife. While the paste was wet, I also used the 
Glitter Duster to add Rock Candy Dry Glitter to the scene for even more sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are inspired to go get crafty! Keep an eye on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog, Inspiration Ave. because you are now getting regular doses of expanded (and inspiring) content each week. Don't miss it…

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Blog - Christmas Idea-ology assemblage #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #tim_holtz  #thefunkiejunkie #thefunkiejunkieboutique #frillyandfunkie

Supplies used:
Idea-ology Christmas Festive Tin
Idea-ology Christmas Paper Dolls
Idea-ology Christmas Tiny Lights
Idea-ology Christmas Vintage Flair
Idea-ology Christmas Wood Slices
Idea-ology Christmas Pocket Cards
Idea-ology Christmas Tree Lot
Idea-ology Christmas Design Tape
Idea-ology Christmas Salvaged Snowman
Idea-ology Christmas Baubles
Idea-ology Velvet Trims
Idea-ology Mini Paper Clips
Idea-ology Metal Numbers
Ranger Archival Inks - Vintage Photo
Distress Spray Stain - Rustic Wilderness
Distress Grit Paste - Snowfall
Distress Rock Candy Glitter
Distress Seasonal Mica Stains - Tree Lot (2021), Fresh Balsam
Distress Paint - Lumberjack Plaid

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!