Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Maker Forte Stamp Release from Eileen Hull


Hello Eileen Hull fans! Today Eileen is releasing a brand new stamp set from Maker Forte. It is called "Making Plans" and you will find it so useful! It's chock full of labels, dates, weekdays, months and other useful bits making it perfect for planners, scrapbook pages, journals and a host of other projects. Here's what Eileen has to say about it,

"I am excited to release the Making Plans stamp set! If you use a planner, diary, calendar, date book, birthday book or write down any kind of list, this is the set for you! You get a vintage typeset list of days of the week, months, and words associated with planning, organizing or a few phrases just for fun. Along with that there are also eight label shapes that the words will fit it. These are great to use in journals, to customize cards, and on tags and other ephemera. Join me and the team to see uses for this fun stamp set!"

If you missed the live Release Party you can watch it HERE on replay. You can see me share the following makes…

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - new stamp release with Maker Forte! #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #makerforte #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen

I used the Shadow Box Frames #2 die set to create these frames for some of my son's prom photos. I used the new Making Plans stamp set to add the date labels to make them nice momentos.

I also made a trio of Tiny Books! These little books are perfect for tucking in your purse or giving as gifts. All three are held together with one elastic loop.

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - new stamp release with Maker Forte! #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #makerforte #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen

I used the stamps to add to the cover backgrounds as well as making the labels on the fronts.


Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - new stamp release with Maker Forte! #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #makerforte #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen

If the covers look familiar, it's because I used collage papers left over from this Postcard Folio I made for Eileen's last stamp release. (Keep the scraps LOL!)

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - new stamp release with Maker Forte! #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #makerforte #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen

I'll show you how I make the closure down below so keep going!

Lisa Hoel for Eileen Hull - new stamp release with Maker Forte! #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #makerforte #EileenHull  #eileenhulldesigns  #sizzix #mymakingstory #TeamEileen

Check out all of Eileen's stamp sets in her etsy shop! Let's take a look at how I made the little Tiny Books. They are so cute and a great way to use scraps.

1) First I cut the covers out using the Tiny Book Scoreboards Die. I backed my collage cardstock paper scraps with heavy duty cardstock to make the cover substrate nice and thick. Matboard works great too. 


For the pages inside I cut stacks of note paper 4.25" x 2.75" and folded each one in half. I clamped the stack between an acrylic stamp block and a ruler with the edges near the folds of the pages. I spread a layer of glue along along all the folds to glue the page block together.

2) While the page blocks were drying, I set an eyelet in the center of the middle book spine.


3) I used hot glue to adhere the splayed ends of some thin elastic to the inside of the spine. It adds bulk but I sized my page block to allow for that. I also used extra hot glue to fill in the spaces when I glued the page block in. 


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to keep an eye on Eileen's blog for more inspiration from the Educator and Inspiration Teams! On Wednesday the 27th there will be a round up post of all the Team samples made with Eileen's new stamp set so stay tuned for that!








1 comment:

  1. Absolutely genius Lisa! I love how you recycled your scraps and make these adorable little books- and tying them together in one bundle is so smart! Also great idea to use the stamps for Shadowbox date labels <3 great pics...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!