Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Funkie Junkie Challenge - Moving Parts

Our new Funkie Junkie Boutique is a fun one and I'm the hostess this time around. We want to see your projects with 'Moving Parts'!

Life can be busy and complicated with lots of moving parts. Sometimes we need to get really creative to make it all work! We would like to see you get creative with this theme and either treat it as a metaphor for something happening in your life or you can literally make parts that move as part of your project. Get crafty!

You can't beat the fun of shaker cards, so I created another shaker card for a birthday. The Cathedral Window is full of shakety bits and there is an additional pop up element inside!

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie "Moving Parts" Challenge #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #tim_holtz #sizzix #mymakingstory #thefunkiejunkie #thefunkiejunkieboutique #frillyandfunkie

a peek inside:

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie "Stencil Mania" Challenge #creativejuicefreshsqueezed #tim_holtz #sizzix #mymakingstory #thefunkiejunkie #thefunkiejunkieboutique #frillyandfunkie
Wobbler for the win!

A few details of how I constructed the shaker card front:

I cut the front of the window and then cut five additional windows out of chipboard. I used a craft knife to cut the chipboard insides out so just the outside frame was left.  I then stacked and glued those frame parts together.


I hand cut a thin piece of plastic for the shaker window and glued that on top of the stacked frame. Finally I could glue the decorative front window on top.


Here's a look at the background before I glued the shaker part on. 



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you check out the fun challenges we have on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. They are always good for sparking your creativity! You have two weeks to join the current challenge so I hope you give it a go.

Supplies used:
Tim Holtz die set - Cathedral Window
Tim Holtz die set - Vintage Labels
Tim Holtz die set - Funky Foliage
Tim Holtz die set - Entomology
Eileen Hull die - Grass (retired)

Tim Holtz stamp set - Bubbles
Tim Holtz stamp set - Tree Line
Tim Holtz stamp set - Field Notes
Tim Holtz stamp set - #Hashtags
Tim Holtz stamp set - Tiny Toadstools
Tim Holtz stamp set - Entomology

Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Rustic Wilderness, Black Soot
Distress Oxide Ink - Villainous Potion, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke
Ranger Archival Inks - Black SootHickory Smoke
Distress Oxide Spray Stains - Weathered Wood
Distress Glaze - Peeled Paint

wobbler
shakety bits




















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the sweet surprise inside as well as the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I LIVE how you made the surprise come on your own blog; it makes us all have the NEED to find out!! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž❤️
    Not only that, but you already had me with Tim’s Cathedral Window, one of my most fave Bigz Dies & I’m totally LOVING the front of your card as much as the surprise popup!! Keep us hopping; I’m here with!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!