Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge #6!

Hello, today I'm sharing what I created for the sixth challenge over at Studio L3. It is a fun one; I urge you to go see for yourself. The technique covered is the Altered Burlap Panel as found on page 37 of A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 3 by Tim Holtz. Really the only requirement is that you use a Tim Holtz burlap panel as your base and you can do whatever you want to it. I used a 12 x 12 District Market panel for mine and then had lots of fun layering on the goodies!


I used a copy of a photo of my great-grandfather sitting on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. It was an early one! We think this photo might be from 1912. I love being able to incorporate historic family photos into projects. Here's a look at the "first layer" of the piece:


I adhered a piece of Destinations paper onto the panel. While it was still wet, I tore off strips from the edges and roughed them up (a little water spritzed on the edges helped in the distressing too). Once that was all dry I used stencils and stamps to lay down some more imagery. After that it was all about arranging all the gears and other elements. I love that part!

Be sure to head on over to the Studio L3 blog and see all the inspiring entries and Curiosity Crew projects. This is my favorite challenge so far!

Most of the supplies I used for these cards can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10! ;-) 




5 comments:

  1. What an awesome layout.....love all the layering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvas Lisa, I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to rock the collage, Lisa! Very cool layers & composition. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure! Love seeing that large burlap panel too! The photo and ephemera are wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along on our burlap canvas challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!