Sunday, July 27, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 7

Time for another challenge from Tim's new book, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 3! This is a favorite technique of mine, Painted Industrial. I love the look you get. Instructions for it are found on page 46 of the book and the challenge itself is over at the Studio L3 blog. I decided to create a Steampunk birthday card:



I had lots of fun making this card. The faux wood frame uses a technique I demonstrated earlier in my Falling for Faux project organizer book. Check it out for detailed instructions and pictures. You'll need brown distress stains, the Woodgrain stamp and clear detail embossing powder.

The center image is a cool La Blanche stamp called Steampunk City. I stamped it on Specialty Stamping paper and colored it with Distress Markers and inks. I love that little flying man stamp too; it makes me smile.

I am also entering this into the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #12 - Who's the Boss? The challenge is to use all sorts of embossing in your project and I've dry embossed the card, the Painted Industrial background, the Spellbinders gear dies and used heat embossing in the faux woodgrain technique. Whew, that's a lot of texture!

I hope I've inspired you with my project. Most of the supplies I used for this card can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10!



11 comments:

  1. What a perfectly wonderful card! I love the texture of your faux wood frame, the soft coloring of your stamped image and the super assortment of gears, cogs and wheels. This is steampunk at it's best! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...your steampunk card is awesome! I love that flying man, too! He's so cool! You've done such a gorgeous job of creating a fabulous design using so many wonderful elements. The LaBlanche stamp is so detailed and you've done a beautiful job of coloring it. Your painted layers background really looks fantastic and the layers of gears really does give that steampunk feeling. Thanks so much for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Lisa! You RULE the Industrial Grunge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Lisa. Love the very quirky theme to this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun you have going on here, love the flyer with the contraption! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of wonderful layers...the Painted Industrial piece almost looks like a frame and not a background layer. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the layers & beautiful techniques! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your metal frame! The stamped images are wonderful too! Thanks so much for joining on this metalicious challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layers and textures and there is so much attention to detail! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my howdy! This is so amazing. That metal....oh oh oh! Love! This is such a fun steampunk piece! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!